Followers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

A fairy in your teacup!!!

Did you find a fairy in your teacup this morning???  I must admit I didn't but maybe that is because I only drink out of large mugs filled to the brim with coffee :)

I haven't made a tent card before so thought I would give one a go.  Must admit I am in two minds as to if I like the shape or not.  it lends itself beautifully to standing up and showing off the front decoration but I don't like having to write a personal message on the back of the card.  Think I will have to dwell on this for a while.


Recipe:-
  • tent card template
  • my own backing paper
  • die cut topper lacy mount cut on my Black Cat and coloured to match the background paper with ProMarkers and the spray gun attachment
  • digi topper using image 'tea cup fairy' by Mo Manning and available from Mo's Digital Pencil - a super cute image don't you agree :)
  • Lace I bought downtown (in Khobar, Saudi Arabia) last week with this card in mind
  • Thin ribbon which I have had for a while which I wove through the lacy circle topper, used along the bottom of the card and also for the bow.  The bow has a couple of pearl beads on the ends just to give some weight as the ribbon is really light and flimsy
  • Saying, just something I made up - corny I agree hahahahahaha
  • On the back of the card I used the same paper background paper and four pearls, one in each corner, just to make the writing area a little more appealing.  Should have taken a photo but I forgot.  Sorry.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Bronte and Bella's Challenge - Challenge #175 - Anything Goes w/a Mo Image
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Challenge #134 ~ Pastels
ProMarkers challenge - Challenge #158- Anything But Square
Cards und More - # 77 Spitze und Perlen/Laces and Pearls
Eclectic Ellapu - Birthdays
Robyns Fetish - CHALLENGE # 150 - "BIRTHDAY CARDS"

That's all folks and thank you for taking the time to have a look at my card.  Hope you like it :)

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous image and I just love the pretty colours. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is really cute!
    Thank you for joining us this week at cards and more.

    Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet creation - TFS with us Eclectics this week
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable well done and thank you for joining us at Robyns Fetish challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mimi! I'm delighted to see you again, girlfriend! Your card is so stinkin' CUTE! I love this Mo image...she's so precious!! And your card's soft colors are perfect!! Love it!! So glad you've joined us again this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is lovely and the image is adorable. My tea cup is not empty long enough for anything to stand a chance! Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet adorable card, Mimi! Love the delicacy of this image and the way you put it all together with soft colors and cute details! Beautifully done!
    Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Mo's this week!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful creation, Mimi! Adorable image. So happy you joined our Birthdays challenge. Hope to see you back next week. … x
    Asha - Eclectic Ellapu DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautifil card. Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
    Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi