Followers

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Beautiful Lady

When I make cards, especially if they are for a special purpose I first pick the image I want to use then think how this should be placed on the card.  After that comes the colour scheme and finally how to embellish.  My favourite style is CAS (clean and simple), and as I tend to like my cards to be balanced I often have to fight the urge to be symmetrical.  I just love this image from the Stitchy Bear shop, she is called Lady Klimt  by  Hope Jacare Doodles.

Working on a card today that tries to move well away from symmetry, and with my image chosen, the next step is to come up with a sketch to work from.  My chosen colour theme has been based on colours we often saw while on holiday down-under - red land and blue skies - heavenly.

The three layers for this card are made up as follows:-
  1. Create the card template to cut, I rather fancied a lacy top, challenging to get it all lined up but I was very pleased with the result.
  2. Layer two ended up being the same lacy pattern used for the top of the card but cut out of vellum.  I had thought about using a stronger colour paper but felt it would distract from the image.  What do you think?
  3. The final layer was the image which was attached to the card using foam tape to give a bit of dimension.


Recipe:-
  • Card from Craft Creations
  • Doily which I cut using vellum for a gently, transparent effect
  • Lady Klimt digi from Stitchy Bear Store by Hope Jacare Doodles
  • Swarovski crystals in orange to finish off
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Moving Along With The Times - Lovely Lady
Allsorts Challenge - Week 196 - For a Lady
LEJ Designs  - Challenge No. 42 - For a Lovely Lady       

6 comments:

  1. A really pretty card and eye-catching card Mimi.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    I have a little competition running with lots of prizes and it would be wonderful if you joined in, you can check it out here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for your green card, Jane and found this one instead. It's beautiful though, very pretty. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - to quick for me Hazel, just about to upload the green one now. My turn on kitchen duty so was in the dreaded cooking room :) hugs Jane

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card, beautiful lady and a great take on that sketch! Thanks for joining us LEJ Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card♥. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck♥.

    Hugs, Marita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Mimmi and I love that image..xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi