Followers

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Music - the Language of Love

I don't know what I was playing around at last night, I woke up at midnight and ended up designing a card and then went back to sleep.  On waking up properly at a more sensible time I was rather pleased I had not dreamt the whole thing lol.  After coffee and wake up time I toddled off to my craft room to turn the card from design stage into reality.   For this card I used a digi by StitchyBear called Duet, it is such a stunning digi and I have been longing to use it for a while.  The Promarkers were in full action, not only used to colour the digi but also use to colour the white lace, the pearls, the flower centres, the paper for quilling the flowers, and the shaded background for the sentiment area.  Yep, I go my moneys worth out of them on this card :)


View of inside of card
Close-up of quilled flowers

Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Duet by Stitchy available from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet
  • Music paper distressed with Tim Holtz Distressing Ink
  • Doily - found after many hunts in different supermarkets (obviously not popular in Saudi Arabia lol - they have plenty large ones but not many this size around)
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Music
  • Fringed quilling die to cut paper for flowers, paper air gunned with Promarkers to match colour, quilled then flower centres added also coloured with Promarkers.
  • Die - Crafty Ann -Flourish-5
  • Ribbon, heart charm, pearls (also coloured with Promarkers) from my stash
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - love the design and how you've combined all the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card and the image is so special. I love the layout too.
    Big hugs, Mrs! Jennie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, how's this for an idea ..... you become nocturnal and whilst 'normal' people are asleep you can devoted the midnight hours to design and creating :-) This card is gorgeous and I love the way you have co-ordinated the beautiful colouring by using your ProMarkers on the embellishments. The sentiment fits the digi-stamp so well - was that another midnight find? xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well what a beauty you dreamt up here! Such a sweet card and so perfect for this weeks challenge at Diva's, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Mimi! A darling card and great fold! Love the way the flourishy die cut extends beyond the base panel. Beautiful colors, and your card is equally as beautiful! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shaped card love the cute image,and embossing,love the die-cuts and coloured lace and ribbon,not used promarkers for that will have to try looks great.A great nocturnal designed card lol
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, lovely design, thank you form joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable, love the cute image and quilled flowers. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi