Followers

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Calla Lily Thank You

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge 209

Theme 'Favourite Things' 

The sponsor is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with a 7 image prize pack. To win main prize you MUST use an Image from our store. Runner up prize for person using none store image is $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. So everyone can win something ;O).

Oh this is such a lovely challenge, flowers, it had to be flowers for me as they are one of my favourite things that I love to colour, love to draw, love to see growing, just love, love love :) :) :)

For this challenge I used the digi Cala Lily by Hope Jacare Doodles available from the StitcyBear Digital Outlet.

To make my card I first covered my card blank with some hand made paper which had leaves and petals embedded into it.  I then attached some hessian/burlap type lace stuff and some proper lace.
 Next I used Photoshop to create a mottled background behind the digi and printed
 Once the digi was coloured with Promarkers I then cut it out using Spellbinders Grand Circles
 Next I used the next size up in the Spellbinders Grand Circles to cut a hessian mount and finally Spellbinders Grand Scallop Circles to cut a mount to of the same handmade paper I used to back the card.  Once assembled I added some Bisque Liquid Pearls and a Thank You peel off sticker.
 Time to get some raffia out and make a bow to which I added some green organza. To finish off I used a butterfly charm and threaded beads, sequins and pearls to the thread.  Rather like this so will no doubt be doing it again <g>
 Here is a close up of the charm and bead strand.
Promarker colours used in this creation
 And here we have the finished Thank You card.

Ingredients:-
  • Cala Lily by Hope Jacare Doodles available from the StitcyBear Digital Outlet.
  • Dies - Spellbinders Grand Circles and Grand Scallop Circles
  • Bisque Liquid Pearls
  • Handmade paper, laces (regular and burlap), organza ribbon, raffia, charm and beads from my stash
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

21 comments:

  1. A card created directly from your heart and what makes it so very special and beautiful are all the elements that shout Nature. From the handmade paper with embedded flowers and leaves, through to the hessian and burlap fabrics, raffia bow and indeed pearls ........All sourced from the miracles of Nature.

    What wonderful texture and depth in this card ..... I bet it feels very warm and loving when held and I love all the shades of green in the background for your image and ribbon. A very beautiful and thoughtfully created card treasure,. xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely beautiful and now you've reminded me about my rafia and handmade papers I might dig them out again. Gorgeous card, Jane. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought when I saw this was, 'That background's gorgeous - I wonder how she did it?' It almost looks metallic! Now I (sort of) know! This is a beautiful card - really elegant and yet opulent too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Hazel, I must dig out the raffia and hand made papers which have been in my stash - untouched - for years!! Absolutely beautiful Jane. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the details of this are just stunning! A beautiful, beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa Jane, this is amazing! How on earth did you color to get this amazing white? Shadings with grey? incredible if that is it...I was sure you photoshopped the coloring! The coloring is so good Meems. And also that hand made paper - it is gorgeous. To have so much with you where you live - so many supplies to make such a gorgeous card...i am so impressed. This is terrifically beautiful! Do you have these flowers? Hugs, Samara xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous. Beautiful image!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a eautiful card with adorable details! Lovely colors too! Thanks for joining my shabby challenge over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good luck and happy easter! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is super nice wawww ♥

    Thanks for joining us at It’s all about the vintage and beauty♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card looks so elegant! Every single thing you did, added to the design in a very particular and classy way! Starting with the digitally added background, your wonderful coloring, the creative bow, and I could go on... I too love flowers so much, and use them on my cards all the time! You did a great job! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Hiding in my Craft Room.

    Graciellie
    HIMCR DT
    gracielliedesign . blogspot . com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card with gorgeous detailing, thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the homemade paper and how you colored not just the image, but behind it as well. Beautiful. Thank you for joining DRS Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Jane...this is just lovely. Such richness to your card and I do so love the image, which of course you coloured up just perfectly. What a lovely card to give or receive.

    Lynn, Your OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMAZING. I just love everything- the colors, the liquid pearls, and the handmade paper. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Waw! This is so beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at It's all about the vintage and beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Design so beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so lovely! The hessian adds a lovely touch! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! Love everything about it. Maggie - DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is amazing! Love that you show us each step :)
    Thank you so much for joining us for our Ribbon and Lace Challenge at Crafting for All Seasons,

    Hugs,

    Milnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful thank you card. Thanks for using ribbons and lace at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is gorgeous, the colouring is amazing, thanks for sharing it with us in the brown sugar challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi