Followers

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Crafty Honeys Painter

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge 208

Theme 'Use A Digi' 

The sponsor is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with a 7 image prize pack. To win main prize you MUST use an Image from our store. Runner up prize for person using none store image is $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. So everyone can win something :)

For this week I chose the digi Crafty Honeys Painter by Scrapper's Delights available from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet for our mini team to work with.
For the background I die cut some house and roof shapes.
Next I coloured the houses with various shades of red Promarkers, and other colours for the roofs, windows and doors.  The card I used was a glossy type and not great to colour on but perfect for die cutting so a bit of a compromise here.  As I was aiming for a sketchy cartoon feel I did not think it mattered that the Promarkers would not blend well on this type of card stock.  To finish off I used Ice Stickles on all the windows, go to have that bit of bling :)
The next step was to airbrush my background, red top and bottom as I am going to add red lace here and a sky effect in the middle.
Time to assemble the background with the lace, houses and a sentiment road band which I created digitally and printed.
Digi colouring time.
I forgot to take a photo of the digi when I had finished her (coffee was calling hahahaha) so have had to crop her out from the finished card to show you the red Liquid Pearls I added and also red Stickles which I lightly painted on her dress and the end of the paintbrush.
 And here is the complete card - yes ladies, when it is your birthday you have every right to 'Paint the Town Red' :) :) :)

Ingredients:-
  • Digi - Crafty Honeys Painter by Scrapper's Delights
  • Die cuts by me
  • Promarkers
  • Ice Stickles
  • Liquid Pearls
  • Lace
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

16 comments:

  1. What a bright and fun birthday card for a young at heart lady to enjoy on her special day. .....that can't be me as I'm looking at all those gleaming windows and thinking that you've just added another job to my 'to do' list for today ........thank you treasure :-)

    I do really like the town scene that you have created for the birthday girl, in her sparkling party dress, to take you up on the suggestion of your most fitting sentiment. Your lace is so subtle but adds some lovely texture and class. But ......I'm still drawn to all those windows with very mixed feelings :-) :-) :-)

    Lots of love xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely bright card for someone! Love your townscape. Had difficulty leaving this comment so you might find bits of another because it disappeared. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Quite a bit of work here. But I really love your great card and the interpretation. The lacy paper looks fabulous. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! I especially love your townscape, it´s definitely worth the work you put in! Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do like this, Jane! It's a great image, and beautifully coloured as always, but the background you've created is fabulous - so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning image and that background is amazing. You certainly succeeded in portraying the perfect scene for your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little buildings. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges

    -Randi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fab - great technique for the houses and the colouring on that image is divine !!! :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! :)

    Petya DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on your creation this week. Love how you achieved the city-scape. That image is just sooo cute and I do so love your sentiment !!

    Lynn, OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  11. How creative! Very cool scene you created! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so awesome!! When I saw it on the DT blog I was like how cool is that! Perfect way to use this image. :D And I love the sentiment too.
    Deborah OSAAT DT Sis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card.
    Thanks for joining us al Baffies Kreativladen.
    HUgs Stine

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is SO cute!!! I not only love the image but the tons of tiny details you put into the houses especially but also her dress and her hair. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Creative Moments! We hope to see you again soon!

    Lisa - Creative Moments DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning project. Love all your little buildings. Looks like they would have taken some time to crate with all those windows. Cute image and fabulous coloring. Maggie - OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card, love how you coloured the image, thank you for playing at Creative Moments, hope to see you again soon
    {Creative Moments Owner}
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi