Followers

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Treasure Map

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #218

Theme 'Anything Goes' 

The sponsor is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with a 7 image June prize pack. To win main prize you MUST use an Image from our store. Runner up prize for person using none store image is $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. So everyone can win something ;O).

This week I am working with the digi - Treasure Map by Delicious Doodles available in the Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet.

I do feel a bit bad with this image, not having really done it justice.  When making this I was just about to start travelling and time was short.  Anyway, I came up with a plan to leave a pressie for my hubby - a box of chocolates hidden in our bed and the treasure map in a bottle on his pillow <g>.

 
To begin with I had a coffee hahahaha - well not true really, I made a double expresso to use as a dye to age the map which I had printed.
Then I attacked it with a Tim Holtz distressing ink pad.
 I made up a poem for my hubby which I printed and then stuck to the back of the map. I am far from a poet but it is the thought that counts :)  This was then aged the same way as the front.
 Now for some more fun, scrunch it up and make it look really old.
 Finally off to the kitchen to set fire to it over the kitchen sink - I rather enjoyed this bit hahahahaha

 To finish off I put the scrunched up map in a jar, added a label and some raffia.
Now unfortunately I have a confession to make, for the life of me I can find the box of chocolates I bought to go with this map.  I have a sneaky feeling hubby has discovered my hiding place in his sleep and devoured them without his conscious mind in action.  However, as I mentioned above, it is the thought that counts!!!!!!

Ingredients:-
  • Digi - Treasure Map by Delicious Doodles available in the Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet.
  • Coffee
  • Distressing ink
  • Jam jar, raffia etc. from my stash
I am entering the following challenges

7 comments:

  1. What a fun and fabulous ideas! The map looks amazing! Thanks for joining our challenge at Ladybugs Craft Ink!
    Chris
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation. Love it!

    Thanks for sharing at Love to Create.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mimi, what a fun project! I love every bit of it!
    Thanks for playing at Crafting For All Seasons this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool project! Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!
    Thanks fr playing at Oldie but a Goodie!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very creative idea!!!! Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge for our "Distress It Challenge".
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous and creative project. Your map was great. Was he surprised? Maggie,OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi