Followers

Monday, August 25, 2014

SPS - Pink Peony

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps for our Artist Week where the whole team are using images by Ching Chou-Kuik.  I have chosen to work with the image Pink Peony


I started off by colouring the image with Promarkers.  Once coloured I fuzzy cut the image, not an easy image to fussy cut with the strands of hair but I did not want any white paper on this card.

Promarkers used

I added Liquid Pearls to the fan and parts of the clothing.
Next I covered my card base with some gorgeous paper I bought about 4 years ago (as it is a favourite  I don't use it often <g>).  I recently bought a beautiful die - Joanna Sheen - Large Filigree Fan which I thought would be perfect for this card.  I cut the die 4 times to make the fan shape using the same cream card I used for my card blank.  Two ideas in my head, either cut the corner away as I have shown here or remove the whole section behind the fan.
After some thought I decided on my second thought and removed all the card blank area from behind the fan.
Onto the tag.  For this I used a Just Right stamp which I stamped in green and then used clear embossing powder.  This was cut out using a Spellbinder circle die.  Next I cut some of my beautiful paper in a slightly larger Spellbinder circle die and air brushed it with my Peony Rose Promarker. The final die used for the background is from Sizzix called For The Record 2
Finally I airbrushed some white organza flowers and also a piece of organza ribbon.
 Finally I assembled the card.  Inside view
 Front view.

Ingredients
  • Image -  Pink Peony by Ching Chou-Kuik
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - Joanna Sheen - Large Filigree Fan, Spellbinders Circles and Sizzix - For The Record 2
  • Backing paper - can't remember now sorry
  • Ribbon, flowers and organza ribbon from my stash
Challenges entered


8 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous and a lot of hard work and thought has gone into making it awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a pretty card! Thanks for joining August Anything Goes challenge at Memas Crafts. Princess – DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and your colouring is amazing!! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 49 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow das sieht klasse aus, wunderschön koloriert und gestaltet. Vielen lieben dank für deine Teilnahme bei der Traumfabrik, der Titel passt Super zu deinem tollen Werk. Viele liebe Grüsse Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this card is gorgeous, and what a beautiful choice for the movie! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at the Dream Factory Challenge.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely stunning card!!!! Really, really great work in wonderful colours!!!! Your colouring is excellent!!!! Thanks for joining us at the Dream Factory Challenge Blog!!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mimi,
    oh dear, my English is not sooo good, that I can realy say, how cute, amazing and stunning your card is ;-)
    All the little details, the idea to cut out the corner... and the wonderful coloring.... it´s time to refresh my English as soon as possible.... ;-)
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Traumfabrik Challenge, good luck ;-)
    Hugs
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi