Followers

Monday, October 20, 2014

Pint Sized Laura

I was asked a couple of days ago to make a couple of Birthday cards for her to give to her hubby and a friend.  The hubby is 50 (you can see that card on the previous post) and the friend is 60.  Whenever I am asked to make a card for somebody I don't know I do like to know their hobbies/likes etc. but my friend was not very helpful, the spec for her hubby's card ended up as he likes hedgehogs and put a 50 on top lol.  For this creation all she could come up with was 'he likes beer' - thanks to Just Inklined I had what I hope is the perfect digi to work with.  As my friend is German I tried to add a German feel to the card with the text prost (cheers) and by designing the dp with bottles of German beer.


To begin with I designed my design paper.
 Next I opted to make a style of card I have not done before and oh WOW - I loved working with this shape and will certainly be using it again.  I used white card which I covered in black then added my design paper on top.
Next to print and colour the digi. Oh I think I lost my brain at this point or maybe I just needed a caffeine top up because I forgot to add the text digitally and did not realise until after I had coloured the image.   To solve the problem I used my die cutter and black vinyl - a great way to get out of a sticky problem <g>
Here is the image coloured and the vinyl text added.  The image is Pint Sized Laura by Just Inklined
Image was coloured with Promarkers
A very simple topper was added which I created digitally and then used Spellbinder dies to cut.
 To finish off the digi I added red line stickers around the edge so match the red inked outline round the 60 in the topper.
 And here we have the finished card :)
Ingredients
  • Digi - Pint Sized Laura by Just Inklined 
  • DP by me
  • Spellbinders Circles and Labels 22
  • Promarkers
  • Line stickers and black vinyl from my stash
I am entering this creation into the following challenges:-

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely live your design paper and the image is a perfect match. Great card fold too.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful design, great image3 abnd love the bottle paper. thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Great idea cutting out vinyl. No need to add adhesive to those tiny letters. thanks for playing with Crafting When You Can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is amazing you made the paper to go perfectly for the image. What a talent you have. hanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can and good luck! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi