Followers

Sunday, January 4, 2015

SPS - To the Moon and Back

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image To the Moon and Back by Courtney McAnsh which is available from the Sweet Pea Store.

The challenge this month on the Sweet Pea challenge blog, One Sweet Challenge is Art Inspiration Day.  When I saw the theme of this challenge I fell in love hahahaha, interpreting this as using inspiration from artists who are close to my heart.  I have three artists from the old schools which send tingles through me, Michelangelo (I am sure I was a concubine of his in a past life hehehehe), El-Greco, so different and for his time with his elongated images instead of realism and Van Gogh (not his dark realistic stuff but his more manic style of painting), I just love his mega amounts of movement in his artwork.  So for my creation I decided to use the inspiration from Van Gogh and his Starry Night, one of my favourite paintings of all time and one where the image from Sweet Pea, To the Moon and Back by Courtney fitted perfectly.

To begin I printed my sentiment and the hands and then coloured the background using regular oil pastels so try and create the texture of the brush strokes.
Next I coloured the image with Promarkers and used gold pen to embellish it.  A few gold stickles finished off the image and the surrounding area later on.
Now to deconstruct a wee book by removing the inner section.  I then covered the book with my design.
Two coats of Gesso to protect the cover and make it hard wearing.  It is the first time I have used this product and I just love the way it feels - awesome stuff.
While that was drying I coloured a small pencil with Promarkers and gold paint then added a small bead chain for a bit of interest. The pencil is attached to the book with a ribbon loop.  Once the book was dry and the loop in place I then backed the paper insert with card and used this section to stick to the front and back covers thereby covering up my inside image folds at the same time as putting it all back together.
Front cover
Side view


Ingredients:-
  • Image - To the Moon and Back by Courtney McAnsh
  • Small note book and an IKEA pencil
  • Sentiment  - by me plus the hands
  • Colouring media - oil pastels, Promarkers
  • Gesso to seal the image
I am entering into the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful & imaginative project! This would be a lovely gift to give to anyone! Thanks so much for joining us this week for the QKR Stampede weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Colorful.....I see the inspiration from the artists you love !
    Barbara Bird / DT My Artistic Adventures
    mdstrwbery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful project..
    Thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft, and good luck.

    Hugs,
    Merlina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing at My Artistic Adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project and what a fun gift to receive! Thank you for joining us at ABC CHALLENGE! Good luck and please join us again for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project so nicely done. Thanks for joining us this week for Anything Goes at QKR Stampede.
    Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your project. Great colours and design. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this Month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks really pretty. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I really love your altered book and the art work is fabulous. Thank you for sharing your lovely project with us this month at Altered Electric and I hope to see you participate again.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi