Followers

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Trees

Just a quick post for me today :) I recently won the fabulous 'trees 22101' from QKR Stamps. I so love nature and somehow silhouette tree stamps grab me every time, so very versatile for backgrounds or like I have done today, standing proud on their own.

I am just about to return to the UK for my annual visit to see family after being in Saudi for the last 10 months and so this card will be part of a letter I will be sending my Mum, the last letter of this tour.  I know she will be so excited to receive it and also with the news inside of my date of arrival and suggestions of wee outings we can take together :)

I added a sentiment by Ansel Adams to the image and printed it. Next I chalked the background with shades of green and, using black embossing powder picked out some of the main areas so I could get a really dark black textured effect without changing the image.  Normally I do this with rubber stamps and this was the first time trying it with a digital image.  Not easy :) and my poor eyes by the end were totally struggling.
Here is a close up of the sentiment I added
With that done I then set about sorting the mounts for the card.  The base mount is Papermania paper which I then place on black.  For the ribbon I rubber stamped a With Love sentiment and embossed it to with black embossing powder to secure it and stop it smudging.  I have not stamped on ribbon before so this was a bit of fun and something I think will come in handy again.  The ribbon was white organza which I coloured with my green Promarker.
Time to get the sewing machine out, something else new for me, only done this once before.  Yep today is a day of experimentation I think lol.  Using silver thread I sewed the green burlap and the ribbon with the lime green lace underneath.
I added 3 three buttons and a black butterfly cut from Spellbinder - Les Papillions 2. With that all completed I then moved onto the inside of the card, again using the Papermania Paper for the back and a light green mulberry paper for the writing area. Both sections were also mounted on black to match the front of the card.  The final touch was another black butterfly.
All done and time for a coffee hahahaha

Ingredients:-

  • image - 'trees 22101' from QKR Stamps
  • dp - Papermania
  • dies - Spellbinder - Les Papillions 2, Labels 22 and Grand Squares
  • from my stash - organza ribbon, buttons, chalks, embossing powder and gems.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

14 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Love the composition and the shades of green are perfect for the image! Well done!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Monochromatic’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Jane, I really do like that tree stamp and think it was a fab prize - it goes well with the sentiment. Glad you are visiting Blighty again - mind you that means being somewhat closer to my Planet again - so you be careful!!! Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely Jane, I really do like that tree stamp and think it was a fab prize - it goes well with the sentiment. Glad you are visiting Blighty again - mind you that means being somewhat closer to my Planet again - so you be careful!!! Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card

    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles this time
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I love this image and all things nature. What a wonderful Ansel Adams quote. Your attention to detail is outstanding. How lovely to see this in our QKR Nature Challenge this week. Congrats on your recent win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning card & I love the way you combined the different textures along with the gorgeous stamp & sentiment. I'm so glad you could join us this week for the weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! Really like the green with the black and the layout is perfect!
    Thank you for sharing and joining us at The Paper Shelter!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors you chose to work with; simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Craters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card, very detailed and colorful. Great Job!! Glad I found you from Sister Act Card Challenge. I am now your newest follower. Please stop by and say HI. Traci

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful !! Love every detail !!
    Thank you for participating in our Paper Shelter "Lace" challenge this week !!
    Good luck!

    Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful creation, Mimi! Love that sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Polkadoodles Things With Wings challenge .
    hugs, Asha (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous xx Thanks for joining the Things with wings Polkadoodles challenge. Good luck & hope to see you again soon (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this gorgeous card, the bow, all the texture & layers. Great job! Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card. Loving the texture yet giving a lovely serene appearance. Judy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi