Followers

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

New Fairy

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 41
Fantasy

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, just remember, you must use and IKEsART image to be eligible for the prize.  Why not pop on over to the store too :), Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

Ahhh what a lovely challenge this is and I am wondering how many of the DT will go dark :) - I am so useless at dark, keep trying to think what to do and my mind goes totally blank hahahaha so for this fantasy challenge I reverted back to my normal comfort zone - fairies.  For this card I have used New Fairy.

I wanted a bright background so designed my paper digitally and then printed it.  I then stamped a rubber stamp fairy on it several times and embossed with holographic embossing powder.  This was not to have a very visible image but to add a twinkle when the light catches the card and when you look closely you can see what the design is. I do love some hidden bits in my cards which are not immediately noticeable.  The embossing powder also gave a lovely touch feely texture to the dp.  Once this was done I got out the sewing machine and with silver thread sewed a border in regular stitch and then went round again with zig-sag stitch.  Part of the way through this my machine decided to break grrrrrr - the whole section inside that hold the bobbin and spool fell apart and was in three sections.  No hubby around to fix it as he was at work so had to do it myself.  An hour later, success and feeling rather chuffed with myself.
I have only made one shaker card before and was not very impressed with my result that I have not made one again.  However, the other day I saw this way of making a shaker card that made total sense using dies and it made total sense so wanted to give it a go again.  I printed my sentiment on a lighter version of the dp that I designed and then cut with a couple of Spellbinder circle dies.  This was a bit of a boo boo as I should only have cut the larger circle at this point but never mind, live and learn.
 Next I used one thick piece of white card and some thinner mauve card to cut four more circle frames and then the larger circle only to cut an acetate circle.  The top mauve frame that will be placed over the acetate circle was heat embossed with the holographic embossing powder.  I glued my base sentiment circle onto my card and then the white frame around it.  On top of the white frame I glued two of the mauve frames.
 To finish off I then added some silver stars and tiny pink stars, then glued the acetate circle on top.  Finally I glued the heat embossed mauve circle - yep I love this way of making a shaker card, it works lol.
 Next I got out a string of iridescent beads I had and glued them around the outside of the the circles.
 Onto colouring the fairy using Promarkers and then I used the holographic embossing powder again on the wings.
 For the top corner a chance to use some metal flowers I have and in the centre of each one I glued a larger iridescent bead.
 Just one flower for the bottom corner with an iridescent bead in the centre and then a few more of the beads to make a crystal rock for the fairy to sit on.
 I went to town with the embossing powder on the inside of the card as you can see hahahaha
 And here we have it, the finished card.

Ingredients:-
  • image - New Fairy by IKEsART
  • DP by me
  • dies - Spellbinders Circles
  • from my stash - silver thread, embossing powder, stars, metal flowers, iridescent bead chain and loose beads, acetate
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

11 comments:

  1. Soooo stunningly GORGEOUS - the background is fantastic and your awesome colouring of course :-) I didn't realise this was a shaker card - brilliant !!! I might try your technique there because I only ever made one of them too and it was a disaster !!! :-(

    Thank you for making this for me.

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful shaker card!! Great way to use the stars!! Thank you for sharing with us at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card - lovely and unique!! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La Creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! Thank you for sharing it with us and joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more this time...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - the details on this are amazing. Love your fairy too! Great card. Thanks for joining us in the DRS Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shaker card! I love your bright colors and all the embellishments you added. Thanks for joining us over at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning card! I love the colours you've used and all the pretty little added details!
    Lucky peron who gets this!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How creative! So much has gone in to making your very colourful and very lovely card. Your paper is delightful and I love how you have trimmed the image in beads, so pretty! Thanks for playing at OohLaLa, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you have created this so the fairy is perched on the shaker component. Thanks for joining the Perfectly Rustics Something that Moves Challenge. Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you certainly have put a lot of love into this card. Love how your fairy is sitting on the circle. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi