Followers

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Canadian Lanscape

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge #251

Theme 'Anything Goes with WINTER' 

Hello folks, hope you are having a good day :) :) :)

Oh I loved this challenge, living in Saudi I don't have winter, just lots of sand hahahaha and I don't miss the feeling of the cold of the UK but I do miss seeing fresh snow on trees and watchings snowflakes fall (all be it from a warm place looking out :) )

 For my creation this fortnight I have used one of the images from Canada Bungle by IKEsART, there are six images in the bundle all with a Canadian feel but when I saw the scenic image I fell in love, it was perfect for what I was wanting to do :)  The image was coloured with Promarkers, Polychromos and finished off with Snow Writer for the 3D snow and Pan Pastels for the clouds above the mountains (I should not have coloured the sky all before hand, I was hoping the Pan Pastel White would be dense enough to cover the ink which it didn't  All the same I do like the soft cloud look which was achieved.  I printed the image twice as I wanted to add just the tree in the foreground on 3D tape, just for a different effect.  The image was then mounted on some white Angel Hair.

With the image finished I cut some blue card and then decided to emboss it.  Oh dear, time to put the thinking cap on as I did not have a snowflake embossing folder.  Rumaging around in my bits and bobs I came across a snowflake border from Cuttlebug which I bought when I first started making cards.  By embossing one row at a time I managed to fill the whole sheet and am rather chuffed with the outcome.
 Next I took my white card blank and added white glitter around the edges.  Several snowflakes were cut using Impression Obsession Snowflakes and these too were finished off with white glitter.
 One thing that has not show up on the the image is the addition of the Stampee Foil which I added to the water.  I bought this years ago and have never used it - gosh, how many of us do that.  Alas I did not have the powder that would have made the job easire but the package did say I could use adhesive and so that was the route I took.  Not wonderfully successful but in certain lights you can see the shimmer on the water.
I made the sentiment and printed it digitally.  Once cut it was then mounted on one of the snowflakes.
 The rest of the snowflakes were used on the lower edge of the card and finished off with a blue gem in the centre of each.  Thankfully I had the perfect coloured blue ribbon and love the fact it had white spots on it, in this case they represent snow falling lol.  In the center of the bow I added a tree charm and another white ribbon.
 The inside of the card is a great snowflake border by Sizzix - 657904 which was cut in the same blue card as the embossed mount on the front.  I also cut one of these in white and again covered it in white glitter, it is hard to see on the card front but has been used as the layer behind the blue embossed one. There we are, all done :)


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Canada Bungle by IKEsART
  • Colouring medium - Promarkers, Polychromos, Pan Pastels
  • Dies - Obsession Snowflakes and Sizzix - 657904
  • From my Stash - Snowflake embossing border, white glitter, gems, metal charm, ribbon and Angel Hair
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-


Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

34 comments:

  1. Wow! Just... Wow!! This is beyond stunning and so artfully put together. Love the raised up panel and all the sparkle and glimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so, so beautiful Jane!!!! I just love it - every fabulous detail!! That blue gives such an icy feel. Brrr! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this frosty, glittery beauty!!! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absolutely beautiful - I love the icy blues! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! WOW! WOW! This card is incredible! I can definitely relate to the stunning 'frosty' images that you created (I live in central Manitoba, Canada where winter temps commonly drop to -40C). Your work is so amazing which has me struggling for the right words to type! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your incredible talent with us at 'the challenge' :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and soft creation, love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting for all Seasons, hope to see you again. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful !
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenges blog and good Luck !
    MARYVONNE DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! The details in this beautiful card are stunning! So happy you joined us at The Challenge this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Fan Tastic Tuesday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Thanks for joining Susational Stamp's November challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love the blue color scheme! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness - this is soooo beautiful. I feel I could just walk right in there. Amazing colour you chose and I really love all the elements of your whole design Jane :-D
    Thank you for using one of my images too :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mimi, you have made a very beautiful card, but I'm afraid I will have to remove it from the challenge at De Stempelwinkel. One of the rules is that the main image has to be one of the stamps sold by
    De Stempelwinkel, and you have not used one of those. We are looking forward to a new entry using one of the stamps from De Stempelwinkel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have created a lovely Winters card Mimi, it certainly does capture the snowy feel you mention - but the sunshine of Saudi does sound appealing.

    Many thanks for joining at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,

    Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge and CCCC.
    Hugs
    Claudia

    DT Creatalicious Challenge
    DT Creative Craft Cottage
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, just stunning winter scene card,Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

    Hugs, Lori m
    littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
    DL.ART DT Member


    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card. Love how you focused attention on the one tree, but that your whole scene is incredible.

    So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just beautiful, lovely layers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bee-utiful Winter scene with wonderful sparkle. Like the charm addition. Thank you for entering DLART Christmas challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    DLART Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Jane. Love the gorgeous scene and all the details. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts in our "Anything Goes/Use Die Cuts Challenge" and we hope to see you again real soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card and the snowflakes are gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining in with the 'Merry Christmas' challenge at Creatalicious Challenges. Mia - DT Member xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful wintercard! love the blue and white! Thanks for joining us at Nordsalten Hobbyklubb! Anne Lill - DT NSHK

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful winter scene so lovely Thanks for playing Crafty Ribbons Design Hugs Carole x DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is stunning and a very clever design. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Aud Sentiments Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow oh wow, Mimi, this is so gorgeous! What a fabulous winter scene, and the water looks so beautifully shimmery! Love it! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful card ...love it ..
    Thanks for joining us at CraftDee Bowz and good luck
    Tracey X

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful take on our theme frosty Christmas
    Thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous! Thanks for joining at Creatalicious: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  29. Totally love this - what a fab idea. Thanks for joining in with us at Creatalicious Challenges this time.
    Hope to see you again next time.
    hugs
    Dawn DT
    http://cherrytreestudio.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful!!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons challenge. Mary DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh wow. Beautiful! Thanks for joining our November challenge over at Craft for the Craic.
    Eithne

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wowww!!! Fantastic card!!! I love those snow flakes and the image!!!! Thanks for joining us! Ana Isabel DT Morgan's Artworld.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi