Followers

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Many Thanks Lucy

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge #250

Theme 'GIVING THANKS' 


Hello folks, hope you are having a good day :).  I don't celebrate Thanks Giving so having the theme Giving Thanks is a great way to let everybody join in with the challenge, after all you can't have enough thank you cards can you lol.
For my OSAAT DT creation this fortnight I am working with an image from the artist Reeces Scrap Pieces called RSP Many Thanks Lucy.  This is such a sweet image and when I saw it the immediate thought was how well it would lend itself to a shape card.  I don't normally add a pic of the image I am using but here I will so you can see what I mean.
RSP_Many Thanks_Lucy

I started by printing the image on white card and colouring in Lucy with my Poloychromos.  I also printed the image twice more so I could used the section to make the decoupage parts on the final card.  Next I used the image to create my template being careful not to cut out Lucy yet ahahaha as I only wanted the envelope section. With this done I covered my card front with two papers and drew in the two lines on the bottom section of the envelope.  Time to put this to one side and colour the Many and Thanks sections, these were done with Promarkers and a black liner pen, glitter was then added for the flowers and butterflies and the two sections fussy cut.
Time to assemble now and I finished cutting Lucy out and added her to my card, then the sentiment sections were added using one layer of foam tape for the 'thanks' one and two layers for the 'many' one.
With the scraps of paper I had left over I decorated the inside of the card.

Ingredients:-
  • Image -  RSP Many Thanks Lucy
  • Colouring medium - Polychromos and Promarkers
  • From my Stash - design paper from PaperMania and glitter
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

15 comments:

  1. Simply love this image and what a fabulous card you have created with it. Great coloring as usual. Maggie, DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! So dang cute and, yes, it does make a great shaped card. Love it! Thanks for sharing it in our QKR Stampede Give Thanks Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun card
    thanks for playing with us at di's digi
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made a super shaped card Jane with a really cute image. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, CUUUTE, Mimi! Love the shape. I really want to say thanks for playing in our "Give Thanks" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck in the draw and I hope you'll come play again next week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea for a shape card! Love the papers and colors you chose.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Thankful or Thank You challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, Mimi. What a delightful image. Love the decoupage job.
    Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a very cute card. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafty Girls Creations. Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shape and lovely image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. DT Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable! I love how you cut the card for the image...it makes it perfect! Thanks for joining in Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! We're so happy you joined us for our "Give Thanks" challenge at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog and hope you'll join us again soon. Good luck in the draw.
    Love
    Jen L
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, really made me smile! Thanks so much for joining us at ITP with your fabulously shaped card. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute.. I love what you have created here.. lots of dimension! Thanks for joining us a Simply Create Too. LesLee xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute! Thanks so much for playing along with our Give Thanks challenge at the Bug Blog with Bugaboo Stamps. We hope you'll join us again this week for our BINGO challenge!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min - Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi