Followers

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My Teddy

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 51
Childhood

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, just remember, you must use and IKEsART image to be eligible for the prize.  Why not pop on over to the store too :), Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

Another fun challenge :) Ike has some fantastic children images, they really are beautifully drawn so if you are looking for that realistic image then look no further :).  For my card I have used the image 'My Teddy'.

I coloured the image with Promarkers and Polychromos.  Initially I had a lovely saying about a yellow teddy bear but at the last minute decided not to use it and instead go with a simple 'With Love' die cut which toned in much better with the card and did not distract from the image.  Blue card was used for the card blank with the excess bits I cut off being used for the blue embossed mount, the leaves, the bow and the sentiment.  Ages ago I picked up a pad of double sided card but I am not a great lover of design papers so it has been hiding in my drawer for ages, finally seeing daylight today hahaha.  The floral side was perfect for this card as it picked up the colours wonderfully and the reverse of the yellow and white stripe fitted in really well too.  This dp was used for the base mount and also for the two mounts on the image die cutting, the scraps that were left over were then used for the three flowers and the sentiment.  I finished off all the mounts with some Tim Holtz distress ink and added a pearl to the centre of each flower, for the bow I added two yellow brads and that is about it.  A pretty simple card but I am rather pleased with the way it has turned out :)

Ingredients:-
  • Image - My Teddy by IKEsART
  • Colouring medium - Promarkers, Polychromos and Tim Holtz Distress Ink
  • Dies - Spellbinders Labels 18 and Foliage, Tattered Lace sentiments, Die'sire - Blossom Fleurs and Creative Expressions - Filigree 3d Bow
  • From my stash - double sided design paper, pearls and brads 
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

11 comments:

  1. Totally LUV this card - the gorgeous frames, that lovely bow and the stunning colouring :-D
    Thank you very much for making this for me MiMi :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx


    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bow and the colors you have used are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card, lovely embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card thank you for joining us at Karleigh Sue Challenge Blog hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! Love the colors. Mahalo for playing in our Aloha Friday Perfect Pair challenge at Kitty Bee Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely Card,suits our Girls only challenge so well.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz

    Tracey DTx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done - love all the detail you've added,

    Thanks for joining us at the Robyn's Fetish Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous card, such a sweet image and gorgeous details.
    Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Designs.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Di's Digis!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, I love the colours and handmade flowers!
    Thank you for joining in with the #301 'Girls Only' challenge at Crafty Catz. Mia - GDT Member xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi