Followers

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Peace Fairie

Hello everybody, hope you are having a good day :)  Time for me to share my Sweet Pea Stamps creation with you.  This card is for my youngest daughter, Nicole so fingers crossed she likes it :) I have used the image Peace Fairie by Karen Middleton which is available as a digi. Isn't she just beautiful and so very peaceful.

This is a pretty straight forward card, I wanted something more classy than funky this year for Nicole.  To begin with I cut and folded my card and then backed it with some Papermania paper from one of their Christmas packs.  The image was coloured with a mixture of Faber Castell Polychromos and Promarkers.  Once the image was coloured I then shaded the background with several shades of green chalks and mounted the image on plain dark green paper.  Next I mounted this on the holly paper which I have also used for the writing area inside the card and a bit more on the front. Finally I distressed the edges of the image mount.

Embellishing this card was hard, it seemed no matter what I did nothing was working so in the end I went down a simple path allowing the beauty of the image and some rather gorgeous trim I have to shine through.  

I have so old brads in my Christmas box and know I am never going to use them as I don't like the pictures on them so thought I would try something - can I recycle them hahaha.  A sharp pair of scissors quickly removed the image and plastic covering and miraculously the smallest of my Spellbinder circle dies was just the right size to use to make a new insert.  Using the same paper as I backed my card I then added my daughters name with peel off letter stickers along with a wee star as I often use the term 'you are a super star' :)  Next I glued this to the brad and added some dimensional Glossy Accents to re-create the plastic covering. Once died I had exactly what I wanted and this is something I think I will be doing a lot more as it is rather cool to have the large brads totally match the creation. 

 The inside of the card was finished off with an off-set writing area using the holly paper I also used on the front. The shape was cut using Spellbinders Labels 20. Finially I added a small spray of crystals and pearls plus a Christmas themed bow.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Peace Fairie by Karen Middleton
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos and Promarkers
  • Papers - Papermania
  • Dies - Spellbinders Labels 20 and Circles
  • From my Stash - ribbon, brad, peel off stickers, gold pen, pearls, crystals sprays, ribbon.
I am entering into the following challenges:-





13 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring and design Mimi! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. A friend and I have a new challenge blog beginning in 2016. Please check it out. Double D Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning coloring ... I love all of the texture ... so glad you created with your *holiday leftovers* at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully colored image! I love your design and all of the extra elements you have added. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! Beautiful card - your use of the colors is fabulous. I really like the twisted ribbon too - goes perfectly with your pretty woman! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Thank you for joining in with us at Scrap & Craft, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, and what a clever way to recycle those braids! Thank you for playing with us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge , “Ribbons and Pearls”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, HJ DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fabulous use of scraps... i love that brilliant personalized charm as well! what a great addition to our buffet of "holiday leftovers" at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your coloring of that image is amazing, and your card is just stunning! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely design. Thank you for sharing with us at I Love Promarkers this week. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous coloring! The draping of her dress looks so dimensional!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful coloring and such a clever re-use of the brads to create something beautiful and personalized!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous card and wonderfully embellished!
    Thanks so much for entering our challenge at the Graph'it Marker Blog!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. Love all the textures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi