Followers

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

With all our love - blog hop

Oh such a sad occasion to be making a card for, the closure of Sweet Pea Stamps.  I have had a ball over the last 18 months and feel so privileged to have been on the Sweet Pea Stamps Design Team so it is with a very heavy heart this card.

One of my DT buddies on another DT was also on the Sweet Pea Stamps team and that was where I first heard of the company.  She made the most beautiful card and I longed to see her creation each week, drooling at the most beautiful digital stamps.  A wee while later I saw Sweet Pea were having a DT call and plucked up the courage to submit a creation and then sat on edge but really did not give myself much hope.  Oh what a wonderful day it was when I got the email to say they would like me to join them, it was equivalent to passing my driving test hahaha and I was on cloud nine.  Now Sweet Pea is closing the feeling is opposite, I feel I have lost a dear friend :(

Lynette, you are a true superstar, so supportive, so hard working, so game to try everything possible to keep your business going in very hard times and, in many ways, a sad environment and you have my upmost respect and gratitude, I also am keeping my fingers crossed your health improves treasure, you so deserver to be happy and well :)  Jennifer too, as the DT coordinator has been amazing keeping us all straight as what to do, when to do it and always making sure the blog runs smoothly.  Thank you both so very much for everything you have done and the joy you have given me.

Time now for me to share my blog hop creation - having a hard time as when I put my card up I know it is the last one and I don't want to do it :( but I have to so here it goes (very very sad :( :( :( )


For my card I have used one of the fairy images from the Fairy Set by Amy Brown.  The card mount was airbrushed with Promarkers to match the colours on the edges of the wings.  Next I used a green paper behind the die cut mount and more of the paper for the roses, the colour matched perfectly with the fairy's shoes :).  The die cut mount and leaves were cut out using gold card along with the thank you sentiment.  I had thought of having the fairy sitting on some flowers but in the end opted for skeleton leaves which I sprayed with silver glitter varnish. Behind the fairy I placed some mauve tulle which also has glitter on it.  Pearls, gold flower charms, gold bead chain and pearl bead chain are the finishing touches to bring everything together.

Now onto the BLOG HOP

Welcome to the Sweet Pea stamps Blog Hop!

This hop is from a loyal group of Sweet Pea stamp fans who want to let Lynette know that we appreciate all her hard work bringing us the wonderful stamps in both rubber and digi format over the years.  Thanks so very much for all the wonderful images we have collected from you!

There are some random prizes along the way, as certain blog owners have decided to include a prize, so please leave some comments along the way as you see everyone's gorgeous Sweet Pea Stamp creations.

Also, the store closes at the end of the day on the 25th, so if you see some wonderful stamps on this blog hop, today is the last day to get them, so please drop by the store!


21. Jane Bradshaw    - YOU ARE HERE


Return to the Sweet Pea Stamps Blog

Challenges entered:-

22 comments:

  1. Love your image and your blog. It is so nice that you put down the recipe for your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine it was not easy for you to post this card, but I am sure that you did Lynette proud with your creations. This is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it your card i mean i am sad sweet pea is closing

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stunning!!!!! <3 Fabulous image and your work is awesome! :D Thanks for sharing with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO very beautiful. I love your coloring on this fairy, her wings are just gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining in on the hop!

    Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so eyecatching! I'm at a loss for words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a beauty!
    It is a fitting tribute to a special company!
    Hugs
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful tribute to a wonderful lady, and a fabulous card to match.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your dies... and the coloring on your card is great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and great details! I agree, those dies are just Fabulous!!! ♥

    I am enjoying the hop and beeing a stop on the way myself, but sad to see a wonderful shoppe come to a close.
    But we will still have fun with the stamps we have in our stash, so Sweet Pea Stamps will live on in our creative hearts ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Jane, this is truly amazing, I love the wings. Thank you so much for everything, you are truly a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I love the image and all of the layers and details on your card. Thank you for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS... a beautiful piece of art! Thank you for joining us at Moo Manai & More!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Stunning the way you have it designed :o) Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really pretty card and a lovely tribute to Sweet Pea Stamps! Thank you so much for sharing this and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful,- image ,design and LO. A very lovely finale!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. I love the wings. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
    Sara
    TTCRD DT
    FP3 {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a shame that Sweet Pea Stamps is closing!
    Gorgeous image and colouring! Fab creation!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!
    Susan
    DT for Crafting from the Heart!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi