Followers

Monday, December 14, 2015

Rosarna Christmas

Today I am sharing a Christmas card I have made for my sister using the stunning image Rosarna Christmas by Karen Middleton available from the store both in rubber and as a digi.  I made this card a wee while ago, well actually back in May lol as I took it to the UK with me and left it there for posting at the right time (save me trying to get cards sent from Saudi and ensuring they arrive safe and sound).  I have just mentioned that because I see one of the poinsettia flowers on the image is squiff and I can't take another picture to correct that - sorry folks).

To begin with I coloured the image with Polychromos and Promarkers.
I then made a couple of simple mounts and a sentiment mount layering up in greens, golds and some gold holly embossed vellum.  The image is so gorgeous I really did not want to overly embellish this card or add to much as everything I tried just made it look cluttered and distracted from the image.

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Rosarna Christmas by Karen Middleton available from Sweet Pea Stamps in rubber and as a digi
  • Colouring Medium - Polychromos and Promarkers
  • Dies - Spellbinders Grand Ovals and Grand Scalloped Ovals
  • From my Stash - Christmas sentiment peel off sticker, poinsettia flowers and brads
I am entering into the following challenges:-








2 comments:

  1. Eeeeee - what diving colouring on her hair !!! This is an absolutely stunning card - Awesome !!

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mimi, this is just gorgeous!! Your colouring is exquisite and I can't believe you matched your 3D poinsettias so perfectly to the image! Awesome! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi