Followers

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Just Because . . . .

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 68
A Little Bit Sketchy

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

Lots of fun with this card :) :) :) playing with my Gelli Plate.  Decided to try a gold yellow and ochre colour scheme with dark brown as a contrast.  I made two lots of papers with lots of layering of the colours, the first was on tissue paper which I used for all the front of the card and the other on regular copy paper which was not that cool so I used it to cover the back of the card. This card is pretty self explanatory on what I have done, embossing, distressing, use of gems, layering etc.  For the horse I printed on my card stock twice, the first layer used to make my mat and the second fussy cut and then sprayed with gold glitter varnish.  The base layer of printing was more to get the position right as I wanted the horse mainly on that layer but allowing the front leg to be over the sentiment.  The fussy cut horse was attached with silicone gel so I could bring it to the height of the sentiment which was attached with foam tape.


Using scraps of my Gelli printed paper that were left over to decorate the inside of the card.


Ingredients:-
  • image - Horse Running by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - acrylic paints
  • dies - X-Cut #2 rectangle-parenthesis, Cherry Lyn b127-Tropical-Flourish
  • embossing folder - Sheena Douglas A Taste of India A4 Embossing Folder Mandala
  • from my stash - gems, gold glitter spray varnish, stamp sentiment
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

1 comment:

  1. How fabulous that is - I just love the colour and the inside rocks. I don't have a gelli plate and have never tried anything like that but you make me want to have a go !! I've got a recipe somewhere to make one and try the technique out ... I'll see if I can find that Hee hee
    Thank you for making this for me and IWC.

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi