Followers

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Cornucopia

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 77
THANKSGIVING

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

I was just sitting in my craft room the other day and feeling like the luckiest crafter on earth :) :), I am so lucky hubby is such a fab supporter of my hobby and over the years I have invested every penny I have earned from my crafts back into new supplies.  I remember when I started crafting about 8 years ago that I had some basic start out supplies, a few kits, lots of paper and a head bulging with ideas.  The problem started when I wanted to do something and just did not have the basics to make my elements and I had outgrown many of the fancy items I bought in the beginning, things like punches which I never really got to grips with, fancy edge scissors which were a great idea but hard on the hands etc. Now I just seem to have 90% of what I want (guess it will never be 100% hahaha), lovely die cutters - Silver Bullet and Crafters Companion Gemini, a fab collections of dies, awesome colouring mediums, buttons galore, ribbon, sprays, varnishes etc. My craft room truly flies me away to another universe, provides all I need to forget this world for a while and recharge my batteries, a little bit of heaven.

Many years ago I used to do water colour painting but arthritis in my hands at the age of 17 put paid to that once I was in my 20's as I could no longer hold the fine 00 and 1 paintbrushes I used to use. Hubby recently bought me a tin of watercolour pencils so for this challenge I have given them a go, not as nice to use as a real tin of paints yet but maybe with practice I will fall in love :) :) :)


A straight forward card which really is all about the image - Cornucopia by IKEsART.  Image coloured with water colour pencils, background is Pan Pastels.  To finish off a double ribbon line and Spellbinder scalloped border with half of the centre die from Opulent Circles, one on each side.

Ingredients:-
  • image - Cornucopia by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Watercolour pencils and Pan Pastels
  • dies - Spellbinders Scalloped Borders 1 and Opulent Circles
  • from my stash - ribbon
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful - I love the colouring. I know what you mean about arthritic hands :-(
    I was the same years ago with what I bought and when I look back now at my first card attempts it's amazing how much I have progressed. I still have a few of my 'old' things cuz I am a bit of a hoarder hahaha :-D
    Thank you very much for making this for me at IWC.

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card - Bravo!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi