Followers

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Vintage Box

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #7 - Vintage
I don't know about you but I find vintage so dreamy and a great favourite of mine.  I usually end up making a card with lots of lace, soft colours and of course pearls.  Anyway, this time I tried something new, decorating a box I have had for a while and not got round to creating with.


I first painted the box with Gesso and then stamped my flower images in Old Paper Distress Ink, next I stamped the swirls with gold.  The flower were coloured with watercolour paints and a very very light purple was applied to the whole box.  Next it was out with the gold gilding which was applied on all the edges and embossed decoration on the box.  Finally a small wee key hole was coloured by hand.  I had such fun with this creation, it was a spur of the moment, leap out the chair and dash to the craft room before inspiration got lost, no planning, just a fleeting idea I went with and I am delighted with the outcome.  This box is for me, I am sure I will find a use for it in my craft room as each time I look at it it makes me smile :) :) :)




Challenges entered:-

1 comment:

  1. I love altering boxes too, Jane, and this one is beautiful. Really vintage and super, no wonder you're keeping it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi