Followers

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Funky die cutting

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #15 - Layer it UP



OOOO layering is such fun especially with all the fabulous dies and die cuts around these days.  For the die cut I used Card 3 from Monica's Creative Room.  Monica is one of the most talented and generous electronic die cut creators, her dies are intricate but stunning.  For this card I started with a silver blank, the next layer was the white die cut which is almost the same as the black layer you can see in the card.  Next I used some hand made paper I collected on my travels and cut the flower shape.  The next layer is the black layer and then I added a lacy doily cut, this was a disaster as the hand made paper was not dense enough to cut properly.  In the end, to solve the problem, I glued the hand made paper to some regular 75gms copy paper and let it dry.  Cutting worked perfectly after that.  I cut the small doily out of black card and to finish off lots of glass gems.  The tag layers are hand cut and the Happy Birthday die is from Desire.

Challenges entered:-

4 comments:

  1. WOW! This card is amazing! Love the bold colors and the fun layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh - FABulous. What amazing colours and great construction xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and design! What unique die cuts you've used; I love the doilies! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Frilly and Funkie for our On the Cutting Edge challenge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Very elegant.
    Thank you for joining our challenge in Crafting With An Attitude.
    Regards,
    BozenA DT CWAA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi